Who needs the Maryland Boating Safety Certificate?
All boaters born on or after July 1, 1972 must have a Maryland Boater Education Card to operate any numbered or documented motorized watercraft. BOATERexam.com® is a delegated provider for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources.
Returning user? Log in here
Approved by the
Maryland Department of Natural Resources
Good for life!
Get your official
Maryland Boating License
unlimited free retries
- Pay the one-time fee of $34.95
- Free unlimited retries of the final exam
Study the Online
Boating Safety Course
- Learn with hundreds of narrated animations
- Test your knowledge with quizzes after each chapter
- 75 multiple-choice visual exam questions
- 80% required to pass (60 correct answers)
- Graded immediately so you can review your answers
Get your Maryland
Boating Safety Certificate
- Print your temporary card (valid for 60 days) immediately after passing
- Your permanent card will be mailed to your home within 3-5 weeks