Who needs a New Jersey Boating Safety Certificate?
All boaters who operate a motorized watercraft in New Jersey must have a New Jersey Boat Safety Certificate. BOATERexam.com® is a delegated provider for the New Jersey State Police.
Returning user? Log in here
Approved by the
New Jersey State Police
Good for life!
Get your official
New Jersey Boating License
Find a proctored
exam in your area
- Pay the one-time fee of $34.95
- After completing this online course, you are required to take an in-person proctored exam
- Make sure to find a proctored exam in your area before starting the online course
- More information on the proctored final exam
Study the Online
Boating Safety Course
- Learn with hundreds of narrated animations
- Test your knowledge with quizzes after each chapter
- This course will prepare you for the exam; proctored exams have a 98% pass rate!
Take the in-person
proctored final exam
- You must bring your printed Final Exam Voucher with you to take the Final Exam
- The 60-question written Final Exam is administered by a BOATERexam.com® partner
- Get your New Jersey Boating Safety Certificate when you pass!