Who needs the North Carolina Boater Education Card?
All boaters born on or after January 1, 1988 must have a North Carolina Boater Education Card to operate a motorized watercraft of 10 HP or more. BOATERexam.com® is a delegated provider for the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission.
Returning user? Log in here
Approved by the
North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
Good for life!
Get your official
North Carolina Boating License
unlimited free retries
- Pay the one-time fee of $34.95
- Free unlimited retries of the final exam
Study the Online
Boating Safety Course
- Learn with hundreds of narrated animations
- Test your knowledge with quizzes after each chapter
- 60 multiple-choice visual exam questions
- 80% required to pass (48 correct answers)
- Graded immediately so you can review your answers
Get your North Carolina
Boater Education Card
- Print a temporary card immediately after passing
- Your permanent card will be mailed to your home within 3-5 weeks